"THE LIGHT OF LIFE" by AMRIK

The Light of Life 

The lights are on, but no one’s home,  
The conscience blew out long ago. 
In sin and fear I do live,  
Just take, take, take, and never give! 

My path is dark, and downhill; 
Nothing to stop me falling further still,
Terrified and tormented,  in alcohol I have depended.
I have gone too far, my ways can never be mended!

To my amazement I stumbled on a book, 
Into my soul it was able to look,
And give me light to put me right, 
And now look up never down, 
One day I might even receive a crown. 

Without the need of alcohol, I am able to live,  
My heart has changed to give, give, give,  
And share the love of Jesus my saviour,  
The light of the world who lit up my life! 
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DANIEL 12

HERE IS A SLIGHTLY LONGER AND AMENDED VERSION OF MY TESTIMONY.

Passover- Jewish/Easter-Pagan.