HERE IS A SLIGHTLY LONGER AND AMENDED VERSION OF MY TESTIMONY.

Amriks Testimony

From childhood I followed the Sikh traditions of my family, which I was expected to pass on to my children. I had no joy and found no comfort in this religion, and yet I had nothing else as I wandered desperately through life wondering what was the point of it all? I had a void and nothing could fill it and I desperately searched for the meaning to life. I turned to yoga and meditation and had mystical experiences, but they didn't change me for the better, they did not give me the peace and understanding I was looking for. 

I started visiting my local library looking for knowledge; I read philosophy, history, autobiographies and yet I was none the wiser concerning the deeper issues of life and salvation. Then one day I was in my local library looking at books on alternative medicines and I turned from that section and found myself facing the Holy Bible. I reached out to take hold of it and thoughts came rushing to my mind, this is not for me I have my religion, this is for the west! 

Then I thought I have tried everything else, so I will have a read. I started with Johns gospel and the introduction made absolutely no sense to me. I randomly opened a page in the old testament and had no understanding of my short reading. over time I developed a resolve and I was determined to go back and search out what the Holy Bible was about not knowing it was able to discern the thoughts and intentions of my heart! 

Over the next few weeks I continued to go back and forwards to the library to read scripture and was lead into the proverbs where I found a greater wisdom than that of my religion and that of the philosophers and my life began to change for the better and one day as I put the Holy Bible down after my reading and a strong conviction came over me that I had the word of God in my hands. 

I wanted to take the Holy Bible home that day as I knew it contained the answers to life that I required, but I though it better to go out and purchase my own Holy Bible than loan one. The following weekend I went to a bookshop and purchased my first Holy Bible. I was so spiritually hungry that within 6 month I had read from Genesis to Revelation. What a blessed day it was when I read Luke 18 v 10-14 and realised I was a wretched sinner and got on my knees and asked forgiveness and received the peace of God and everlasting life.

Luke 18 v 10-14

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DANIEL 12

Passover- Jewish/Easter-Pagan.